Usually the term "skinny" anything would send a fat girl like me running the other way, but alas, when you go shopping for new jeans now days your options are limited to boot cut, skinny, super skinny, or don't try to sit down or breathe skinny. Being that my ten year old son had been begging me for skinny jeans because "all of his friends had them" (side note, THIS is starting already? god help me) I figured I better jump on the wagon. Old Navy (bless them) was having a jean sale, so I figured why not. Once again the fat girl in me refused to go into the dressing room, so I just grabbed a size off the rack, and proceeded to checkout.
Upon getting home, everyone tried on their new jeans, sadly my skinny boy was too skinny for skinny jeans, they sorta just look like regular jeans on his twig legs. Miss Lily Monroe looked SUPER adorable in hers, admittedly I was kinda jealous. So it was finally my turn... turns out, the size I grabbed was too big! WHAAAAATTT? That kinda crap doesn't happen to fat girls! Needless to say I went to return them and made sure to tell the employee that they were too BIG. Then, I proceeded to buy several pairs in the smaller size, in 3 different colors.
Not bad for a "fat girl" huh? - I realize its blurry, and I should wash my mirror.. but you get the point. GOOD BYE 'PLUS SIZE'!!

No comments:
Post a Comment